Sunday, March 10, 2013

3 months away from 4

Does anybody still read my blog?  Probably not considering I haven't updated it in like a year!  If you are still reading though, thanks for checking in!

Nolan and Luke are 3 years and 9 months old and they started "school" this past October.  They attend school 4 days a week from 8 - 5.  I have noticed a positive change in my boys since they began attending school.  Not only are they learning so many different things, which is fun for any parent to witness, but their social skills have improved tremendously.



The weather was warm enough yesterday for me to take them to the playground.   Not only were they able to climb the rock wall that they couldn't climb unassisted last summer, but they also were so patient with the other children who were there.  There was no pushing or becoming agitated when they had to wait in line for the sliding board.

This is not to say that they are patient with each other, however.  That's our biggest struggle at home, but I also believe that it's a struggle for every other pair of siblings in the world.  I have noticed them using their imaginations more and more which couldn't make me happier!

 Luke absolutely LOVES art.  He wants to color constantly and the very minute he walks through our front door after school, he takes his folder out of his school bag and proudly shows me whatever it is that he made that day.  He draws the letter "L" all over his artwork too!


Nolan is more interested in playing with his toys and using his imagination.  A few weeks ago, I found him in his bedroom talking to the "passengers" on his airplane.  He was the pilot and he surrounded himself with all of the stuffed animals from his toy box.  He told them to "buckle up and prepare for takeoff."  


I'm really looking forward to summertime this year (what's different from any other year?!) and heading to the beach with my 3 men.  Since they're so into superheros at the moment, I'm leaning towards throwing them a birthday party with that theme.  All 4 of us are in Aunt Chica & Uncle Eric's wedding in May and we're really looking forward to it!

5 comments:

Alison said...

Glad to see you are posting again! I've missed your updates. :)

Suzanne said...

So good to hear from you! Everyone looks healthy & happy. How is the photography business going?

JackieMac said...

I am glad to see you posting again and everything is going well - when I first read the blog title - I thought you were three months away from having 4 children - LOL - I thought wow is she pregnant again with twins. Your boys are adorable.

Open Roads Mama said...

Yes, there are readers, still ;) Great to hear more stories from you, your boys are gorgeous! (my little one is just a couple months younger than your 2, so I can relate to so much of what you're talking about :) )

strongblonde said...

how funny. i JUST refound the link to your blog today and you just recently updated!!! :) looks like things are going well. you guys look great!